The Alexandria Fire Department is always looking for new volunteers. Rather you’re looking to become a firefighter or help with fundraising and administrative duties we have a job for you.
- Free Fire, Emergency medical, and Rescue Training from in-house instructors.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance
- Workers’ Compensation Insurance
- Full Retention program including uniforms, yearly awards, and rewards for time of service.
- Opportunity to gain experience responding to emergency scenes.
- Firefighting is one of the most prestigious occupations(http://www.harrisinteractive.com/vault/Harris-Interactive-Poll-Research-Pres-Occupations-2009-08.pdf)
- Join an aggressive, proactive group of individuals dedicated to making their community a safer place to live.
Requirements for membership are:
- Individuals applying for membership in Alexandria Fire Department must complete a Fire Department Application for Membership.
- All application forms are screened by the Fire Chief, the successful prospective member will be required to attend three consecutive drills. Drills are conducted at the Fire Hall every first and third Monday at 6:00PM. Unless otherwise provided for.
- Accepted applicants will be on probation for a period of one year.
Upon acceptance, suppression members must complete the following training:
- 16-hour firefighter orientation class before 6-months of their probation has passed.
- Incident Command Systems, IS-100 and IS-700 certificates are due by completion 16-hour firefighter orientation class. (These Free Courses are offered on the internet.)
- Basic Firefighter Course (basic-64), consisting of both classroom and skills activities and successfully complete live fire training.
- Maintain minimum 4 hrs per month reciprocal fire training in varied fire and rescue subjects.
- Many other courses and training classes are available upon request.
If you’re interested or want more information contact Assistant Chief John Partridge at PartridgeJ@Alexandria-Fire.com
Print and complete the following forms and return to Alexandria City Hall during business hours or return to a member of the department.